VyprVPN Review February 2018
What is it?
VyprVPN is a Switzerland based VPN provider perfect downloading and streaming. There are two options available to this service, basic and premium, which will be discussed further in the review.
VyprVPN Features, Pros, and Cons
Details on certain features provided below*
Basic & Premium:
- Free three-day trial
- Unlimited data
- Unlimited server switching
- Apps available for many devices
- Three simultaneous connections
- Five simultaneous connections
- VyprVPN Cloud*
- Chameleon Protocol*
- Exceptional speed
- Great security
- Powerful encryption protocols
- 24/7 customer support
- World wide server network
- Higher price compared to similar VPN services
- Bitcoin unavailable
- Occasional billing issues have been reported
- Connection logs stored for 30 days
Explanation of Features
- A Golden Frog owned and operated service for VyprVPN customers only. It offers online privacy and protects its users from cyber attacks and DNS filtering.
- VyprVPN Cloud is “an easy-to-use, highly secure VPN server deployment solution that enables users to add an additional layer of security when accessing your public or private cloud servers”. Follow the link for more information.
- Also created by Golden Frog engineers, Chameleon provides a speedy, simple way to browse the internet in a “truly open and uncensored setting”. OpenVPN’s metadata is encrypted with DPI (Deep Packet Inspection) resulting in the ability to “bypass government, corporate, and ISP limitations” thereby allowing the access of otherwise restricted networks. Better yet, all this is done without compromising your security. Chameleon is available to Premium members that use Mac, Windows, Android, or a router.
Prices and Packages
- Month to month: As low as $3.75/mo
Premium (Best Deal!)
- Month to month: As low as $5.00/mo
- 73% of the people choose this plan
- Both plans have a 3-day free trial and a 30-day money back guarantee. VyprVPN accepts PayPal, Alipay, and most credit cards.
Privacy and Security
- Even though VyprVPN is based in Switzerland, Golden Frog headquarters is in the United States. This could present some problems as far as privacy is concerned. The U.S. houses the NSA and other government organizations and are vulnerable to warrants and gag orders.
- Although VyprVPN does not keep any usage logs, it does store connection logs for 90 days, after which they are permanently deleted. For this reason, it is recommended that VyprVPN NOT be used for torrenting.
- In regard to the stored connection logs, they are minimal, an there is no reason to be concerned with VyprVPN giving any information to authorities.
- Registering for VyprVPN requires an e-mail address, password, location, and billing information. A confirmation email will be received and you can begin installation. Simply follow prompts until installation is complete.
- Using the service is straightforward , double click on the icon and hit CONNECT and you will be automatically connected to the fastest server.
- Exceptional speeds
- No usage logs
- World wide network
- Many user features and two service plans
- Excellent encryption protocols
- Not suitable for P2P/Torrenting
- Minimal connection logs for 30 days
- Bit on the pricier end
VyprVPN is very user friendly with a large amount of server locations around the world. It’s quick, easy to use for beginners, and suitable for just about any activities. Once again, we advise not using this provider for torrenting due to its US affiliation. Give it a try for three days, for free!