What is it?
ExpressVPN Features, Pros and Cons
See below for explanations of some of these features
- Supports majority of VPN protocols such as OpenVPN, SSTP, L2TP/IPsec and PPTP.
- Servers in 145 cities in 94 countries
- Capable of three simultaneous connections
- 24/7 excellent customer support
- Multiple packages and pricing plans available.
- Extremely fast! Excellent choice for streaming
- Unlimited downloading
- 256-bit encryption, so very secure!
- 30-day money back guarantee
- Being based in the British Virgin Islands and the fact it keeps minimal amassed logs may be concerning to some users who are more concerned with privacy. Realistically, these features post little to no threat.
Explanation of Features
- This is ‘open-source’ software application, capable of negotiating firewalls and network address translators. It uses configuration routes and remote access facilities to create site-to-site connections that are secure.
- Uses OpenSSL encryption library and other known protocols, such as SSLv3/TLSv1, for ensured security and privacy. Users are capable of ‘authenticating’ one other with a secret key or username and password.
- Technology allowing users globally to unblock geographically restricted websites such as Hulu, Netflix, and BBC to name a few. The SmartDNS Proxy reroutes information regarding your location, therefore allowing the usage of these websites; all with minimal loss of speed. It is fairly simple to install and can be used on any of your devices.
Prices and Packages
While there is no free-trial offer, ExpressVPN has a straightforward, no questions asked, and no explanation needed 30-day full money back guarantee
- Month-to-Month, $12.95 per month
- 15 months, $6.67 per month (3 free months included) Best Deal!
- 6 months, $9.99 per month
About Your Privacy
ExpressVPN keeps no user traffic logs. It is based on shared IPs and therefore no single IP can be traced back to an individual user. In an effort to improve network resource allocation, very minimal connection logs are kept. However, these logs are kept only in combined format, meaning any information gathered are not associated with specific IP addresses.
Diagnostic data may be sent to third party analysts with information such as dates of connections, server location, and total data transfer. No material collected contains any identifying information of users. The purpose for this is to allow the identification of any connection errors and/or bugs, therefore maximizing the full potential of the VPN and maintaining an excellent service for customers.
How to Sign Up
A valid email address is needed to register for ExpressVPN (disposable ones do work). While payment information is also necessary, Bitcoin is accepted so you can remain anonymous. However, regardless of payment method, ExpressVPN will know your IP address.
Upon registration, you will receive a welcome email containing information and links for setting up the service. An activation code is required, and that is found on the subscriptions page of the website. Following activation, you choose your location and connect!
There are many other useful feature options to enhance your experience, via ExpressVPN Client. Choose from various settings and protocols, including a firewall based kill switch and DNA leak protection.
- Super fast!
- Works with multiple operating systems, even Linux
- Excellent customer service
- FREE SmartDNS Proxy
- Mobile Apps available
- “Stealth” servers in Hong Kong
- Easy to use software with amazing features
- Browser add-ons
- Three simultaneous connection abilities
- Superior encryption technology
- Awesome referral program – refer a friend and you BOTH get 30 days free!
Honestly, there is essentially no reason that ExpressVPN wouldn’t be the perfect service for your needs. Don’t let the minimal connection logs deter you, as there is extremely little, if any, threat to your privacy. The superior service, superb encryption technology, and excellent speed performance make it well worth what you pay for.